£20,500 a year
AN OUTSTANDING STUDENT PLACEMENT IS NEVER HANDS-OFF
As a placement student with SDS Protection Ltd, you will come into a real job role and be part of an established team. We believe in creating an environment where you really can learn, we treat you as part of the team from day one, you will be given your own areas of responsibilities. We will encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
12 Months Placement
SDS Protection is one of the UK’s leading specialists in permanent wall surface and
doorset protection. We cover many market sectors including Healthcare,
Education, Retail and Pharmaceutical industries besides meeting many residential
requirements. We pride ourselves on the products we make in the UK by our highly
skilled work force.
We offer a variety of opportunities across the business including Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Manufacturing, IT.
- We plan to offer placements full responsibility within their area, opportunities and a high level of exposure across the business.
- You will receive a full induction as well as on the job coaching, mentoring and personal development supported by our dedicated placement mentor
- Student Placements for 2019 will start on the 1st July
- Competitive salary of £20,500 per annum.
- 20 days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays.
- We offer a modern way of working; an empowering office culture.
- We would love to offer a full-time role on finishing your studies, dependent on a 2-way agreement
- We would potentially offer a final year “bursary” to assist with that difficult final year
- Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their studies following their placement with us.
- Studying for Business Studies / Computer Science/ Computing and information Technology (on target for 2.1 or above)
- Full UK driving license
- Who should apply? someone with: –
Sound communication/interpersonal skills, diplomacy and personal presentation
- Ability to enhance the digital footprint of the business with apps/technology ideas
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and flexibility to juggle multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven team player with the ability to motivate others
- Problem-solving ability
- Willingness to work flexibly
Apprentice CNC Machinist
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about all aspects of the SDS manufacturing business. You will learn how to select materials to specifications, load programs and set machinery. You will be manufacturing door sets and hardware for high hygiene applications.
Check out the PETA website to apply:
or send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
SDS Protection is one of the UK’s leading specialists in permanent wall surface and doorset protection. We cover many market sectors including Healthcare, Education, Retail and Pharmaceutical industries besides meeting many residential requirements. We pride ourselves on the products we make in the UK by our highly skilled work force.
Duties will include:
- Work safely at all times
- Learn how to check materials to ensure that sufficient raw materials are available and correct using drawings and technical specifications
- Follow engineering drawings and Standard Operating Procedures
- Use the proven techniques, including work holding arrangements utilising specialist tooling
- Learn how to load programs and tooling to achieve the specified outcomes.
- Become competent completing routing operations, loading data into CNC machinery
- Learn how to adjust a range of machining parameters to maximise machining outcomes
- Produce products with a degree of accuracy and finish, ensuring SDS’s quality standards are achieved.
- You will also learn how to use conventional mechanical measuring equipment to ensure dimensional the level of accuracy required
- The company is looking to recruit the right caliber individual for this role and see personal attributes as a key part of securing the personnel they want.
- The company is located on the Guildford Road Trading Estate, however the training will be delivered at PETA’s Havant training facility; you will need to be able to get yourself to both locations reliably.
- Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training.
- The majority of skills development training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
- You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge). This will include:
- Preparing and using Manual Turning Machines
- Preparing and using Manual Milling Machines
- Preparing and using CNC Milling Machines
- Preparing and using CNC Turning Machines
- Using fitting and assembly Techniques.
- Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings using a CAD System
- Conducting business improvement activities
- This will also complete the Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Technical Knowledge).
- You will also achieve Functional Skills in Math’s and English at level 1 (if you have not already achieved D+ or a Grade 3+ in these disciplines).
- You will have a good level of dexterity and hand skills
- Demonstrate an interest in manufacturing mechanical components is highly desirable
- You will have good hand to eye co-ordination
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You need to be able to learn through instruction and experience
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will need good communication skills as you will develop into a role where the ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management is a crucial skill
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- 3 GCSE’s at grade C (4) or above (or equivalents) to include Maths and English are essential
- Additionally a science or engineering qualification is highly desirable
- Any engineering experience or qualifications will be looked upon favourably
- 20 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff rest room
- Overtime available
- Enrolment onto the company pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- SDS have an established and robust apprenticeship programme that is committed to producing a skilled and motivated workforce.
- SDS want to develop their apprentices with a view to building a diverse, experienced and qualified workforce with progression routes available within the business for the right candidates.
- What experience have you had with hand working/CNC’s ?
- What do you feel is your best attribute?